Kathleen is an appellate attorney who has argued appeals and written briefs in the South Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond, VA. She also argues in circuit court and Federal District Court.
Kathleen began her career as an appellate law clerk to the Honorable John Cannon Few, then Chief Judge of the South Carolina Court of Appeals, now a Justice on the South Carolina Supreme Court. In 2014, she started the Barnes Law Firm in Hampton, South Carolina. Kathleen lives in Hampton with her husband, William Barnes, who practices law at Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, & Detrick, and their two daughters.
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- JD, 2010, Charleston School of Law, summa cum laude
- The Charleston Law Review, Assistant Editor in Chief
- Moot Court Board
- BA, Journalism, 2007, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars (Appellate) 2018-2019
- 2020 South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leader in the Law
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- 2020 Class of Leadership Salkehatchie